The Tigers play at Kentucky this weekend, kickoff time 7:30 p.m. eastern. With this being the closest game this year, several people from the Indy area are making the trip.
If you plan to go, the Detroit and Cincinnati alumni chapters have organized an unofficial tailgate/gathering area. Its my understanding that there may be some official Mizzou staff there to speak.
Please see the attached file below for a map.
If you would like to join us, we’re trying to get an estimated number of cars so we can figure out how much space we will actually need.
Please send a quick reply to me by Wednesday if you will attend so that I can forward an approximate car count to try to hold a few spaces if need be.
Here is more detailed information:
- Game time has been confirmed at a 7:30 EDT start.
- We will be tailgating at 333 Waller. It is about a mile west of the stadium. I have attached a map that shows the parking lot and where we will be parking. The grassy area is reserved for Mizzou people. But if we have more than about 20 cars, we can spill out to the paved area as available. They were packed last weekend for the FL game, but probably not fully until about an hour or so before game time. Early in the afternoon we should have a wide-open area.
- The lot opens at 1:30. $10 per car. I plan to be there as close to 1:30 as possible.
- They will let us use the office building restrooms. I am going to suggest to everyone that we throw in an extra $5 per car as a thank you. The building owner lets the local Kiwanis run the lot as a fun-raiser, so it goes to a good cause.
- As with most college stadiums, backpacks and large bags are prohibited. Fans will be permitted to bring in one small bag, no larger than 13.5 inches x 10 inches x 7 inches. The bag must fit within sizing bins at all entrance gates. UK officials are encouraging fans to arrive early and bring as few items as possible into the stadium.
- I think they suggest we wear gold so we stand out in our section.
- The weather should be great. Saturday high of 80, overnight low of 56.
- Many of the Motor City people will be staying at the Country Inn at I-75. My contacts suggest that the best way to the parking is to go west on Winchester, go thru downtown and then southwest on Broadway to Waller. It may not be necessary getting there, but he said after the game, it is the best way out of the craziness.
- And if you are in town on Friday night, there is a gathering from 5-7 at Cheapside Bar & Grill. 131 Cheapside, Lexington 40507. Cash bar, free apps